Sunday, April 15, 2012

Asia Championship 2012 Tournament report

Hi Bahamut here!

I was gonna be a judge this time round as well but because I joined several weekly league and got accidentally seeded. I was seeded to the top 36 so might as well play.

Deck used: Hanzo Hieroglyph

(Top 36)Round 1: Vs Six Samurai
1: I started with card car D. He normal summoned Kizan and special Grandmaster for direct attacks. On my turn I made all the hieroglyph stuff and cleared his board. He had Hand and Gateway but couldn't clear my monster and I had Solemn Judgment.
2:He started with Kizan to direct attack again. I made a board of Red Eyes and Gaia Dragoon to clear his board since all he had was Cosmos. He made Black Rose to clear my board but I had Monster Reborn.
OO

(Top 20) Round 2: Vs Gladiator Beast
1: I made genius plays which includes Shu destroying a Safezone which was chained to the same Shu, and made Atums which met Chariot. Needless to say it was a hopeless game.
2: I did Hieroglyph Beatdowns.
3: Time was called before the start of game 3 and it was immediately sudden death with no additional turns due to "time constraints". And my hand is one of those OTK hand but had to start from Tfeni. So I took a direct attack as he made good MST reads on my FOIL cards which were Bottomless and Torrential and died. Jank game is jank.
XOX

As it was single elimination format, I was eliminated just like that lol. Fastest tournament ever.

And the curse continues, side against Inzectors, and meet none.

Here is the decklist for those interested, me and the top 2 all made similar deck as we felt it's the best deck in this Asia format after some discussion. It has enough Inzektor hatred while still able to touch yourself with the Hieroglyph stunts.

Monster

[2] Red Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon
[1] Luster Dragon #2
[1] Wattdragon
[3] Shu
[2] Tfeni
[3] Aset
[3] Ninja Master Hanzo
[2] Jurac Guaiba
[3] Card Car D
[2] Effect Veiler

Spell

[1] Monster Reborn
[1] Dark Hole
[1] Heavy Storm
[1] Book of Moon
[1] Reinforcement of the Army
[3] Pot of Duality
[3] MST
[3] Hieratic Seal of Convocation

Trap

[1] Solemn Judgment
[2] Torrential Tribute
[2] Super Transformation Art

Total 41

6 comments:

  1. Money wins. True Story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will u all be able to get hold and post the deck lists of Jeff and the 2nd place winner?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hieroglyph เก่งมากๆครับ very good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What about your SideDeck & ExtraDeck list ??!
    Show us the Hatre of the Inzektor Preparation leh ~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Plz show a side and extra plzzzz

    ReplyDelete