Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Necrovalley and weird rulings

So I hate Lightlords when I play MGS. The other day someone asked me if Beckoning of Light will be negated by Necrovalley. I just took a quick glance at Beckoning, and said yes it will be negated.

But because I'm a nice person, I went to look it up anyway.

First thing that appeared on my screen.



Totally do not make sense.

Beckoning Light
Effect:
Discard all the cards in your hand to the Graveyard, then select a number of LIGHT monsters from your Graveyard equal to the number of cards you discarded, and add them to your hand.

How is this not targetting? In the world of Yugioh, any card with the word "select" on the effect should be considered as targetting! At least that is what I thought...

Anyone wanna try it out on your PSP/NDS and see if it works like that? The ruling is quite old.


Thanks to Akira for clarification.

Ok so I am back to happy that Necrovalley does work even though it wouldn't matter due to the random Celestia, Lyla and JD rape.

================================

Btw, I still lose that match anyway coz Judgement Dragon is skill. orz

Yes Samuel I am talking about you!

2 comments:

  1. Sadly this is one of those annoying parts of the game.

    "Targetting" a card occurs during activation, before the Negation phase but after paying a cost. (Do cost, play down card, select targets, enter negation phase).

    Beckoning Light's "Targetting" occurs after "Activation" is confirmed, this is what made it a popular choice in Dark World Hybrid Decks for multiple reasons. It flat out avoids a lot of stuff and what does stop it doesn't actually hurt...

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Beckoning of the Light" does not target because you cannot determine the number of cards to select. You will only know how many cards to select during resolution after the cards are discarded.

    However, it doesn't change the fact that "Necrovalley" will negate "Beckoning of the Light".
    Source: 《王家の眠る谷-ネクロバレー》 -遊戯王カードWiki
    Look under: このカードの影響を受けるカード

    ReplyDelete